Audience: builder and supplier/dealer
Read time: 3 mins
Article contents: step-by-step instructions on how to add a recipe/assembly to your RFQ.
Navigate to the Estimate Costings screen.
Click on Add and select 'Add New Category'.
3. Click on the green '+' button.
4. The new category will appear, click on the Build Recipe/Assembly tool button.
5. Include the category you want a recipe for in the Description box.
6. Click on Browse Recipes/Assemblies to choose the recipe/assembly you want to add to your RFQ from the recipes/assemblies available in Buildxact.
7. Click on the category.
8. Select the specific recipe/assembly from the list of recipes/assemblies available.
9. Click Save As.
10. Your recipe/assembly and associated items will now appear in your Estimate Costing. Check the box beside your recipe/assembly, click Save.
11. Click on the New Quote Request button at the bottom of your screen.
Your Quote Request form will appear:
Fill out the title name for the quote request, click 'Next' and follow the usual RFQ process to send to your supplier/Dealer.
PLEASE NOTE: the respondent will only be asked to quote on the price for the stated Qty of items in the recipe/assembly. They do not have the option to edit the quantity once received.