Audience: Builder/ Supplier/ User
Read time: 7 mins
Article contents: FAQ/ How To/ Inline Video
For most Buildxact users, 2-Step Verification is an optional security setting on their account. In some jurisdictions 2-Step Verification is mandatory for accounts that connect to accounting packages (For example Australian Xero users).
What is 2-Step Verification
2- Step Verification adds an extra layer of security to keep your Buildxact account and data safe, making it harder for an unauthorised person to gain access to your account. If you have 2-Step Verification enabled, when you log in to Buildxact, you will be required to enter a verification code that is sent to an app on your mobile device.
How to Enable 2-Step Verification
Either have a look at the video here or go through the steps below.
Note: this video covers only the phone login option, if you're struggling with this, the steps below also cover the email verification option.
Navigate to "My Profile"
2. Click "Enable" on 2-Step Verification
3. After clicking "Enable" you will be asked whether you wish to log out and set up 2-Step Verification now. You can either continue working, and do the set up next time you log in, or choose to set 2-Step Verification up now.
4. On the login screen, after you enter you email address and password, you will be shown a QR code to scan into an authenticator app on your mobile device. For a list of which authenticator apps we recommend, use the button below.
Alternatively, if you select Trouble Scanning? you can set up 2-Step Verification via email. Simply select other methods and choose Email.
5. Enter the code provided by your authentication method.
6. Record the recovery code you are provided - this will be needed if you no longer have access to your mobile device.
7. Clicking on the next arrow will confirm the set up of your 2-Step Verification, and allow you to log in by clicking 'Continue'.
Logging in with 2-Step Verification
Once your authentication method is set up, when logging into Buildxact you will enter your username and password, followed by the code generated by your authentication method. If you are logging in from the same computer and browser each time, you can choose to only be asked for a code once every 30 days.
On the login page, enter your email address and click "Continue"
2. Enter your password and click "Log In"
3. Next you will need to enter your 6 digit code from your authentication method. Open your authentication method, and retrieve the code.
4. Select "Remember this browser" will remember your code for 30 days. After 30 days you will need to enter a new code.
5. Clicking the next arrow will log you in to Buildxact.