Audience: Anyone using Buildxact for take-offs
Read time: 5 mins
Contents: Explanation of each button in the take-off toolbar.
The Take off tool bar has varied functionality and resources to make creating accurate take offs easier
Polygon shape - useful for irregular shapes or sloping roof-lines/floors etc
Paint brush - allows you to use different colours on the drawings to highlight different measurements
Pitch tool - enter the roof pitch before you start drawing your roofing material. You can enter the rise and run or the degree.
Label tool - linked to the grey labels that appear above each drawing made. Click on the label to amend the drawing. e.g if you have forgotten to add a roof pitch before drawing, or to change the colour of the shape. Toggle this tool to switch the labels on/off
When drawing the polygon always finish the drawing on the green dot where you started
The ''undo'' button deletes your last drawing, the ''trashcan'' deletes all the drawings
Shows the total amount of material as per the calculations from the material used and the drawing
''Accept and Save'' saves the drawing and calculations and exits this screen back to "Costings"
The cross will delete the drawing and calculations and exit this screen back to "Costings"
10. Rectangle or square - for regular shapes
11. "Minus" tool - for deducting areas not to be included in measurement e.g. doors and windows
12. All deductions will show as grey
13. Line tool - for lining walls
14. Enter the height of the material you are lining walls with e.g plasterboard/gyprock
15. Label icon - toggle this to switch labels on/off
16. Click on the label to amend the drawing. e.g if you have forgotten to add a roof pitch before drawing, or to change the colour of the shape
17. The label will expand allowing editing