The two most common reasons are:
- The job is a cost plus job - we currently don't support variations in cost plus jobs
- The estimate has not been accepted. Put simply this means you never told Buildxact the client had signed the contract so it thinks there is no contract to do variations from.
How to fix item #2
- Go back to the estimate for that job
2. Change the status to 'Accepted'
3. Go back to the job, and you'll now be able to create a variation
To learn more about the estimate to job process, take a look at our article here