This article covers how and when you convert an estimate to a job in Buildxact.
When to convert an estimate to a job
When we convert an estimate to a job there are two main steps with different results.
- We create the job
Number 1 in the steps below
This can be done at any time, the estimate will remain open and changeable, and you will be able to access most items within the job side of Buildxact, most notably you wont be able to do any variations as we don't consider there to be a signed contract at this stage. Users will often create the job quite early if they want to create schedules to send out with their quote.
- We accept the estimate
Number 6 in the step below
This should be done when the contract with the client is signed. What you are doing here is signalling to Buildxact that the estimate value is locked in and we restrict the changing of it from then on. Accepting the estimate means you're now fully working in the job side.
How to convert an estimate to a job
- In the Estimate click on ''Create Job'' tab
2. In the pop up the Description, Building Type and Customer Name will populate from the Estimate details
3. Enter the start date of the job
4. Choose your invoice method from the dropdown.
NOTE: once you move to the next screen this cannot be amended
5. Click OK to convert to a job
6. In the job screen is a message "Estimate has not been accepted". You can still edit/amend the corresponding estimate which will flow through to the job. The job is also open. All the tabs in the job are functional, except the "Variations" tab, as the cost has not been locked down.
7. Once the cost has been agreed clicking on this message will lock the estimate. It will be available for viewing only, and any extras will be added to the job through the "Variations" tab
8. You can go back to the estimate by click on the arrow to the left of the "Job Details" tab.
9. If ever you need to open the estimate again for editing/amending, change the estimate back to "Draft" in the status bar.
NOTE: be very careful of unlocking the estimate and changing dollar values, if our contract value ceases to match your signed contract value all invoices will be incorrect values.
Any questions, phone Support on 1800 965 597.