When you sync purchases or invoices with Xero, there is a bit of back and forth that goes on to do with the contact that is being passed to Xero. There are really three scenarios here:
- The contact doesn't exist in Xero, and Buildxact pushes info in to create it
- The contact does exist in Xero and we link with that contact if it's the first time syncing them
- The contact does exist in Xero and we've linked with them before
In all three scenarios we record which contact in Xero we're linking to and display it under the Buildxact contact.
This is good in two scenarios:
- You can check which contact we've linked with
- You can change the contact we've linked with
Common scenarios where you may need to change the contact Buildxact is linking with are:
- You have multiple contacts in Xero under the same (or similar) name and we've linked with the wrong one
- The contact in Xero has been archived and you need to choose another contact
Additional info on Archived contacts
If your sync log shows below error, you'll likely need to make use of the Xero Link box under the Buildxact contact.
"The contact with the specified contact details has been archived. The contact must be un-archived before creating new invoices or credit notes."
What this actually means is that the purchase order or invoice you're syncing is linked to a contact in Xero that has been archived. We cannot sync the purchase order or invoice across as the contact isn't live
To fix this you need to either un-archive the Xero contact (if it was archived accidently) or more likely correct the Buildxact link to an active contact via the steps below.
- Open up your Buildxact Contacts
- Search for and open the contact that is marked as archived.
- Edit the Contact details
- The last property 'Xero Link' needs to be updated.
Click the dropdown and find the same named contact, or remove any existing text to set back to empty. If empty the next sync will create a new contact in Xero based on the Buildxact contact name.