You can share documents, quotes, plans, variations and invoices to your client through the Client Portal.
You can share any documents from Buildxact from the Documents sections on a Lead, Estimate or Job linked to a lead with a client portal set up.
Note: Sharing documents from the Leads screen is coming soon. If you wish to share documents before an estimate has been created, you can do so by attaching the document to a message. See here for information on creating a new message.
- Add the document you wish to share to the document section within the estimate or job by dragging and dropping or clicking to browse.
2. Select the category you wish to upload the document to, or type a new one then click to upload
3. Click the "Share" button next to the document you wish to share
4. Select where in the Client Portal you wish this document to be stored for your customer. Normally this will be "Documents"
5. Enter a message that you would like to send with the document. The client will receive this message inside the Client Portal, along with a link to the document.
6. Click Share. Note that once you share an item there is not currently any way to delete that shared item.
7. Once shared you will see the item is updated to "Published" and you can no longer share or delete the item.
8. Inside the Client Portal your customer will receive the message you sent along with the document:
9. They can also access the document inside the section that you chose when sharing it. In this case - "Documents". From here your customer can start a new conversation with you about something you have shared.
10. You can also share quote letters, plans, variations and invoices by selecting the "Share" button next to them in this same manner.