When creating a Contract Price job, we create a default list of invoices for you that total 100% of the contract amount. However if these don't quite match up with your invoicing structure you can easily change them.
To change the name of an invoice:
- Click on the name of the invoice you want to change, then replace the name in the 'Description' field with what you'd like to name the invoice.
If you want to increase the contract percentage of an invoice, you will firstly need to lower the contract percentage of another invoice still in the Pending state by the percentage amount that you wish to increase the other invoice by.
For example, to increase the Completion stage invoice from 15% to 20%, decrease the Lock-up stage from 35% to 30% first. Follow these steps to do this:
- Open the invoice you wish to decrease the contract amount for
- Enter a lower percentage value into the '% of contract amount' field
- Open the invoice you wish to increase the contract amount for
- Enter a higher percentage value into the '% of contract amount' field
Note: If you want to decrease the contract percentage of an invoice, make sure that you apply the left over amount to another Pending invoice, or create a new invoice to ensure your invoices total 100% of the contract price.