Audience - builders
Read time - 10 mins
Article contents - How to steps
Set up tasks from an Estimate
In the Estimate Costings tab, click the T button against any item you want to appear in the schedule as a task.
This will show in the schedule with the category name as the parent task.
The items will show in the schedule as child tasks.
4. In the Job Schedule tab - parent task
5. Child tasks
6. To set up tasks from within the job, go to the Job Schedule tab, click the blue + button in the fourth column header to add new parent tasks.
7. Rename the task.
8. Set the date the task begins.
9. Set the duration of the task.
10. Set the date the task is due to end.
11. Advance the progress of the task using the + or - buttons, or type in the figure.
12. Assign the task to a contractor/supplier/employee (they will receive an email and a text on the due date if they are set up with an email address and mobile phone details.
13. Set when a reminder is to go out.
14. Select the type of reminder to be sent (the options, Send SMS and Send Email, will be enabled if the assignee is set up with a mobile phone number and email address details).
15. Optional notes to send with the reminder.
16. Click on Send Now to send a reminder instantly.
Send Now is only enabled if you have selected a reminder type.
You will be able to send the reminder in real-time while still maintaining any scheduled reminders you have set up in step 13.
Clicking on Send Now will automatically save any changes made to the task or the reminder.
17. Click Delete to delete the task created.
18. Click Save to add the task to the schedule and close the form.
19. Click Cancel to close the form without saving any changes.
20. To add a child task, click the blue + button beside the parent task, and
21. Repeat steps 7 to 18 to set the task to the schedule.
If you would like to reuse a schedule on another project, save a set up schedule as a template.
22. Click on the cog icon.
23. Click Save as template.
24. Name the template.
25. These things will be saved in the template.
26. Click Save and Close.
To manage or apply the template:
27. Click the cog icon.
28. Click on the name of the template to edit, rename or delete it.
29. To apply the template, select it from the list (you can have multiple templates set up).