Variations can be done in Cost plus jobs for both items out of budget, and for items that need to be swapped out
For out of budget items:
In the job click into the Variations tab, and click the green + button, a new variation appears
- Add a description
- Optional to add proposed start etc
- Click the green "+" button to add item/s
- Enter item description
- Enter Quantity and Unit Price
- Choose actuals category from dropdown, or freetype in this field if you want to put Variations into a separate category in the job
- Click "Save and Send", a pop will appear with email details, click Send.
For items to be swapped out:
- In the "Actuals Category" of job, tick the box to the left of the item,
- At the bottom of the screen, click "Add Variation", the variation screen pops up
3. You will see the item to be swapped out in a negative.
4. Use the green "+" button to add the item you want to use
5. Fill in the detail of the new item
6. Choose the same Actuals Category as the item to be swapped
7. Click "Save and Send", a pop will appear with email details, click "Send".
Whichever method you choose to do your Variation, it will not add to the Actuals Costings until it has been changed to an "Accepted" status.
- To do this go to the "Variations" tab, open the Variation, and change the status at the top right from "Sent" to "Accepted"