Once you have used the take off tool to measure your material against the plan there are many ways you can manipulate and use the calculations again.
Rounding the quantities
- Click the calculator icon against the item in the Category
2. Click the Rounding button and choose the rounding option for the item
3. Click the = button to process
4. Click the calculator icon against the item in the Category
5. Click the "Wastage" button and select the amount of wastage to apply to the item
6. Click the = button to process
7. There will be a blue W next to the item to highlight that wastage has been added to this item
When you have set up and drawn a take off measurement, you can use this measurement on other materials without having to draw the take off for the same area again.
8. Add the item to the estimate Category
9. Add the same unit of measure used in the original measurement you wish to re-use
10. Add the price per UOM
11. Click the calculator icon
12. Click the "C" button to clear the field
13. On the right hand side of the calculator are all the take offs currently done in this estimate, choose the measurement you wish to re-use
14. The calculation will appear in the grey field
15. Click the = button to process
16. You will see this measurement applied to the new item.
Note: If there are any updates to the original take off measurement, any items linked to that measurement through this technique will also update automatically.